Assam, May 31: In a shocking incident, a 16-year-old girl died after a litchi seed got stuck in her throat, in Assam’s Jorhat district.
The incident took place at Kakajan Sonari village under Teok police station in Jorhat district on Sunday.
The deceased girl was identified as 16-year-old Priya Bora.
According to the reports, the father of the girl who is a police constable had brought some litchis to home from the market area.
While she was eating litchi, a litchi seed got stuck in Priya’s throat after which she started choking and had a hard time breathing.
The family members had immediately admitted her at Teok FRU hospital, but she had breathed her last.
Jiten Bora – father of the deceased girl said that – “After a litchi seed stuck her throat, we immediately admitted her at Teok FRU hospital Assam. She had faced breathing problems. But the doctor declared her brought to death.”
Local villagers said that the deceased girl was a bright student of Class 10 and she was preparing for her Class 10 final examination.
A pall and gloom descended at the Kakajan area following the death of 16-year-old Priya Bora.