Mizoram ranks 5th in Covid19 vaccination of people

Mizoram, Feb 5: Mizoram has stood 5th rank among Indian states in providing COVID19 vaccination to the highest number of people, a statement said.

A meeting of important officials, churches, and doctors to review the present Covid-19 scenario on Thursday pointed out that 9,995, which is 65 percent of the total 17,500 healthcare workers who have received the first dose of Covishield vaccines, the statement said.

It said that the vaccination of the first dose of Covid19 the vaccine is expected to be completed within this week in Mizoram.

A total of 27,000 frontline workers have been registered to receive the Covid-19 vaccine.

The official statement said that about 30,400 vaccines have been already received for frontline workers.

The meeting deliberated about the proposals from Mizoram University and the school education department about reopening of universities and institutions.

It decided that Indian Medical Association (IMA), Medical Operational Team (MOT) and other experts will study and assess the matter and submit their suggestions to the state executive committee on disaster management.

Mizoram on Thursday reported no new Covid-19 cases.

The total case now stands at 4,376 of which 4,342 people have already recovered from the infection.

Also Read: Neighbouring Leaders greet PM for successful launch of COVID vaccination drive

There are 25 active cases as of now. Of the total 4,376 patients, 86 percent were asymptomatic and the rest 14 percent were symptomatic.

There were 1,819 non-state residents (outsiders) among the infected people in Mizoram.

During January, 156 Covid-19 cases were reported while four cases were reported between February 1 and 3.