Delhi, Jan 16: PM Modi launches Covid vaccination drive. The world’s biggest inoculation program against the novel coronavirus infection begins on Saturday as India starts vaccinating its high-risk healthcare workers.
The Covid vaccination drive has been planned in a phased manner, identifying priority groups. The first phase of India’s coronavirus vaccination drive will start at 11 am across several cities in India.
A total of 3,006 session sites across all states and UTs will be virtually connected during the launch and around 100 beneficiaries will be vaccinated at each session site on the first day.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) January 16, 2021
Here is the LIVE Update:
- PM Modi gets emotional during his speech as he remembers those who succumbed to the virus.
- PM Modi: Nobody had any clue about this virus. Healthcare workers, who were fighting it at the hospitals, did not come home for weeks. This disease kept people away from their families.
- Addressing the nation after launching India’s vaccination drive against the novel coronavirus, PM said, “India’s vaccines enjoy much credibility world over. We’ve earned this via our track record. Most children in the world get their vaccine shots of those made in India. The world’s trust is on our Made in India vaccines will rise soon. These Indian vaccines are cheaper than foreign shots and easy to use. Some foreign doses are close to 5000/dose and to be stored in -70 degrees.”
- PM Modi says, “Such a big vaccination drive hasn’t been conducted in history. Look at the figures in the first phase. 3 crore. We have to take it to 30 crores in the second phase. America, China, and India are the only 3 countries in the world with a population of over 30cr. Hence the vaccination drive in India is so huge. This shows our strength and capability. When our scientists and experts were satisfied with the safety of Made in India vaccines, they gave r approval. Citizens should stay away from the propaganda, misinformation, and rumours.”
- PM Narendra Modi as he launched the vaccination drive against the coronavirus. “Such a big vaccination drive hasn’t been conducted in history. Look at the figures in the first phase. 3 crore. America, China, and India are the only 3 countries in the world with a population of over 30 crores. We have to take it to 30 crores in the second phase. Hence the vaccination drive in India is so huge. This shows our strength and capability.”
- It’s important to take doses. Don’t make the mistake of taking one dose and then forgetting about dose two. Listen to the experts about the gap to be kept. Two weeks after the second dose, will you build immunity against coronavirus? I appeal to you not to forget coronavirus appropriate behaviour after getting the dose. The patience with which you fought coronavirus, show the same patience during vaccination now: PM Modi
- PM Modi said, “All scientists and those in the medicine fraternity deserve congratulations who kept working tirelessly to make the vaccine. They didn’t see day or night, or festivals. Usually, medicines take years, here in a few months, two Made in India vaccines have been made.”
- PM Narendra Modi has launched India’s coronavirus vaccination drive via video conference. Addressing the nation, PM Narendra Modi said, “Everyone was waiting for this day with bated breath. Everyone kept asking when the vaccine will come. It’s here and in a short span of time. In some minutes from now, the world’s biggest vaccination drive is to begin.“