1. BJP’s central team, led by General Secretary BL Santosh, arrives in Tripura for a two-day visit.
2. Anticipation rises for reshuffling in the party’s frontal wings ahead of the Lok Sabha election.
3. The team includes North Eastern Coordinator Sambit Patra and other key leaders.
Agartala, Dec 21: A central team from the BJP has arrived in Tripura, sparking expectations of reshuffling in the party’s frontal wings ahead of the upcoming Lok Sabha election.
The team, including BJP All India General Secretary BL Santosh and North Eastern Coordinator Sambit Patra, is on a two-day visit to the state. The visit aims to strengthen the party’s organizational strength and prepare for potential challenges in the upcoming elections.
- Leadership Delegation’s Purpose: The high-level leadership delegation led by BJP All India General Secretary BL Santosh and North Eastern Coordinator Sambit Patra is in Tripura to enhance the organizational strength of the party.
- Meeting with State Leadership: The central team is scheduled to meet with top leadership at the district and Mandal levels, along with Pradesh leadership. This visit gains significance as Tripura has two seats in the Lok Sabha, both won by the BJP in the last elections.
- Preparation for Lok Sabha Elections: With the possibility of opposition parties forming alliances and fielding joint candidates in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, the BJP aims to prepare for a robust fight.
- Discussion on Organizational Matters: The senior BJP leaders, upon arrival, held discussions with key figures, including Chief Minister Dr Manik Saha, former Deputy Chief Minister Jishnu Dev Varma, BJP state President Rajib Bhattacharya, and General Secretary Amit Rakshit. The focus was on organizational matters and preparing for the electoral challenges.
- Reshuffling Frontal Wings: A preliminary decision has been made during the meeting to change the Presidents of all frontal wings. Final lists of names have been selected, and a recheck is planned before their official release.
The visit and discussions underscore the BJP’s strategic approach in gearing up for the Lok Sabha elections, considering the potential dynamics and challenges in the political landscape of Tripura.