Assam, May 11: A day after taking oath as Assam Chief Minister, Himanta Biswa Sarma on Tuesday allocated portfolios to 13 Cabinet Ministers while keeping Home, Personnel, PWD to himself.
Assam BJP president Ranjeet Kr Dass has been given charge of Panchayat & Rural Development, Public Health Engineering, Food & Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs.
AGP president and former Agriculture, Horticulture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary minister Atul Bora has been given charge of the same departments again, along with Border Area Development and Assam Accord Implementation departments.
Newly elected BPF MLA Urkhao Gwra Brahma will handle Cooperation Handloom & Textile, Soil Conservation, and Welfare of Plain Tribe & Backward Classes (BPF).
Former Transport and Industries & Commerce Chandra Mohan Patowary Minister has retained his two portfolios of the previous government and has been given charge of Skill Development and Welfare of Minorities department.
Former Environment & Forests and Excise minister Parimal Shuklabaidya has been given charge of the same departments along with Fisheries.
AGP executive president Keshab Mahanta will handle Health & Family Welfare, Science & Technology and Information Technology departments.
Dhemaji MLA Ranuj Pegu will take over the Education, Welfare of Plain Tribe & Backward Classes (non-BTC) department.
Dhekiajuli legislator Ashok Singhal will be in charge of Guwahati Development, Urban Development and Irrigation departments.
Former minister Jogen Mohan will handle Revenue & Disaster Management, Hills Area Development and Mines & Minerals Departments.
Sanjay Kishan will hold the Welfare of Tea Tribes, Labour & Employment while Ajanta Neog will be in charge of the Social Welfare and Finance department.
Former Minister of State for Health Pijush Hazarika will take over Water Resources, Information & Public Relations and Parliamentary Affairs departments.
Tingkhang MLA Bimal Bora will handle Sports & Youth Welfare, Cultural Affairs, Power and Tourism department.
The portfolios will be officially allocated to the ministers in the cabinet meeting scheduled to be held at 6 pm on Tuesday at Dispur.
Himanta Biswa Sarma along with a 13-member council of ministers was sworn in by Assam Governor Jagdish Mukhi on Monday.
Also Read: Assam gets first woman Finance Minister
The following are Assam govt cabinet ministers portfolio distribution:
- Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma: Home, Personnel, PWD & any other Chief Minister, Assam Department not allotted to any other Minister.
- Ranjeet Kumar Dass: Panchayat & Rural Development, Public Health Minister Engineering, Food & Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs
- Atul Bora: Agriculture, Horticulture, Animal Husbandry & Minister Veterinary, Border Area Development, Implementation of Assam Accord, Cooperation
- Urkhao Gwra Brahrna: Handloom & Textile, Soil Conservation, Welfare Minister of Plain Tribe & Backward Classes (BTC)
- Chandra Mohan Patowary: Transport, Industries & Commerce, Skill Development, Welfare of Minorities.
- Parimal Shuklabaidya: Environment & Forests, Fisheries, Excise
- Keshab Mahanta: Health & Family Welfare, Science & Minister Technology, Information Technology
- Ranuj Pegu: Education, Welfare of Plain Tribe & Backward Minister Classes (non-BTC)
- Ashok Singhal: Guwahati Development, Urban Development, Minister Irrigation
- Jogen Mohan: Revenue & Disaster Management, Hills Area Minister Development, Mines & Minerals
- Sanjay Kishan: Welfare of Tea Tribes, Labour & Employment
- Ajanta Neog: Social Welfare, Finance
- Pijush Hazarika: Water Resources, Information & Public Minister Relations, Parliamentary Affairs II Shri Bimal Bora Sports & Youth Welfare, Cultural Affairs, Minister Power, Tourism