Assam, Jan 23: Ahead of the assembly elections in West Bengal and Assam, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit the two poll-bound states on Saturday to commemorate the 125th birth anniversary of Subhas Chandra Bose in Kolkata and allot land ‘pattas‘ to 1.06 lakh landless indigenous people in Sivasagar district.
PM Narendra Modi’s visit to West Bengal and Assam assumes significance as the two states are headed to the assembly election in April-May. Sources in the Election Commission have, however, said the West Bengal Assembly election might be held early due to school exams.
Watch the LIVE speech of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Addressing a public meeting in Sivasagar in Assam. https://t.co/xKH3iwYOLf
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) January 23, 2021
Here is the LIVE update:
- The way the Assam government handled the coronavirus crisis in the state is praiseworthy. I am confident that Assam will take forward the vaccination drive now. I appeal to all to get vaccinated: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi said the NDA government has always kept the preservation of the Assamese culture at its foremost intention behind implementing policies including the protection of the Assamese language and promotion of its literature. Addressing a public gathering in Sivasagar, PM Narendra Modi said, “The Centre-State double engine government is working to supply running water to all the households of the state.”
- The fast-paced development of Assam is very important to us. The way to ‘Atmanirbhar Assam’ is through ‘Atmavishwaas’ (self-confidence) among the people here. 40 percent of the state’s population is taking benefit of ‘Ayushmaan Bharat’ scheme of the Central government.
- Today, when the country is moving fast towards the gas-based economy, Assam is also a partner of this campaign. Over 40 thousand crore rupees have been invested over the years on oil and gas-related infrastructure in Assam: PM Narendra Modi
- PM Modi to the people of Assam: Our government, which is following the mantra of Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Vishwas, is engaged in providing benefits of fast development to every section of Assam.
- PM Modi: Today, Ujjwala has a gas connection in the kitchen of about 35 lakh poor sisters of Assam. There are also about 4 lakh families belonging to SC, ST category. When our government was formed at the center in 2014, LPG coverage in Assam was only 40 percent. Now LPG coverage in Assam has increased to almost 99% due to Ujjwala
- NDA government has given priority to protect language, culture, security in Assam: PM Modi
- Efforts should be made to save and promote such heritage, it should be the responsibility of every government. But how the other sessions, including the Batadrava session, were treated, is not hidden from you. The fast development of North East, the fast development of Assam is necessary for self-reliant India. The road to self-reliant Assam passes through the confidence of the people of Assam: PM Modi
- Today, the nation is celebrating the 125th birth anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose and we celebrated this day as Parakram Divas. Today, more than 1 lakh landless families have received land ‘patta’ documents. When BJP had formed the government in Assam, there were nearly 6 lakh landless people in the state. But the Sonowal government is providing land pattas to those landless people. More than 2.25 lakh landless people had received land pattas and now 1 lakh people will be added.
- PM Modi recalls Bhupen Hazarika’s song ‘O Mur Dharitri Aai’
- PM Modi extends New Year and Bhogali Bihu wishes to people of the state
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi distributes land allotment certificates to indigenous people, in Sivasagar.
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal welcomed Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Sivasagar. PM Modi will distribute 1.06 lakh land allotment certificates at an event here today.
- PM Modi has reached Jerenga Pathar in Assam’s Sivasagar district where he will distribute land pattas to 1.06 lakh people.