Republic Day, Jan 25: Greeting the nation on the eve of India’s 72nd Republic Day, President Ram Nath Kovind, in his address, acknowledged the hardships of farmers and Army, who are working towards contributing to food security and border security.
“Every Indian salute our farmers, who have made our vast & populous country self-reliant in food-grains and dairy products. Despite adversities of nature, numerous other challenges & COVID-19 pandemic, our farmer’s sustained agricultural production,” he said.
“Similarly, from cold at Siachen and Galwan valley in Ladakh with temperatures as low as -50 to -60°C to scorching heat in Jaisalmer with temperatures as high as 50°C – on land, in the skies, and at the vast coastal areas – our warriors are vigilant every moment.”
He also said that India faced an expansionist move on its borders. “But our valiant soldiers foiled it. Army, Air Force, and Navy are adequately mobilized in a well-coordinated manner to thwart any attempt to undermine our security,” he added.
With Covid-19 protocols in place and the protesting farmers’ tractor march scheduled in the national capital, Republic Day celebrations in New Delhi will certainly wear a different look this year.
While gravity-defying stunts by motorcycle-borne men will be missing, the spectator size too has been reduced to 25,000 from around 1.25 lakh last year. The parade of children who receive bravery awards will also be missing. Keeping in mind social distancing, the size of marching contingents has been reduced from 144 to 96. Also, all members of the tableaux contingents from various states, ministries and government departments have undergone Covid testing.
Delhi Police has granted the farmers, protesting against the three contentious farm laws, permission to carry out a tractor parade on January 26 inside Delhi, but with modifications in their plan route and on the condition that they will start only after the completion of the official parade on Rajpath.
As per the agreement, the farmers will enter Delhi from all the three borders where thousands of them have been camping for the past two months, but stay in the adjoining areas and not venture towards Central Delhi.
President Ram Nath Kovind Address to the Nation, Republic Day Speech:
- My greetings to the members of the armed forces, paramilitary forces, and the police who usually celebrate festivals staying away from their families: President Kovind
- Our diaspora is our pride. Indians abroad have succeeded in different walks of life: President Kovind
- Let us all continue on the path of constitutional morality which Babasaheb Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar mentioned in his speech to the Constituent Assembly on November 4, 1948. He clarified that Constitutional morality means the supremacy of the values enshrined in the Constitution: President Kovind
- Equality is the watchword for the great project of our Republic. Social equality warrants dignity for each one of us, villagers, women, weaker sections of our society, namely, Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes, Divyangjan and the elderly people: President Kovind
- We should make it a part of our daily routine to meditate upon the life and thought of our Father of the Nation. We must make all efforts to wipe tears from every eye: President Kovind
- How India got the overwhelming support of the international community for its entry as a non-permanent member in the Security Council this year is indicative of that influence. The quality of our engagement with leaders across the world has enhanced manifold: President Kovind
- Steps have been taken for economic growth as well as employment generation by promoting micro, small and medium enterprises and making the start-up eco-system more robust. It has become a movement being taken forward by the people themselves: President Kovind
- Converting a crisis into an opportunity, the Prime Minister gave a call of Atma-Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan, or Self-reliant India Mission. Our vibrant democracy, our enterprising and talented fellow citizens – especially the youth – energize our efforts in shaping a self-reliant India: President Kovind
- Let us look at 2020 as a year of learning. There were miracles of a revitalizing Mother Nature which taught humanity a hard lesson that the Small is not expedient but complementary to the Big: President Kovind
- We Indians live and die for humanity. This Indian ideal has been expressed by the great poet Maithili Sharan Gupt in these words: “It is the benevolent whose glory lives on in songs eternal, It is the generous whom the world reveres forever, Whose spirit of oneness fills the boundless universe, They truly are human who dies for fellow beings.”
- President Kovind on post-Covid economic recovery
- The Judiciary found help in technology and continued to function and dispense Justice: President Kovind
- The pandemic threatened to derail the young generation’s learning process: President Kovind
- Our frontline Corona-warriors were ordinary citizens who turned out to be extraordinary: President Kovind
- Our scientists have been working day and night for decoding the Coronavirus and they have succeeded in developing the vaccine in record time. With this accomplishment, our scientists have added a glorious chapter of contribution to the well-being of humanity.
- From space to the farms, from educational institutions to hospitals, the community of scientists have enriched our life and work.
- The path to reform initially may cause misapprehensions; It is beyond doubt that Government remains devoted to farmers’ welfare: President Ram Nath Kovind in an address to the nation
- India is being rightly called ‘pharmacy of the world‘: President Ram Nath Kovind on the supply of medicines to several countries to contain COVID-19 pandemic
- The past year was a time of adversity, and it came from many fronts. We faced an expansionist move on our borders, but our valiant soldiers foiled it. To achieve this objective, 20 of them had to lay down their lives. The nation shall remain grateful to those brave soldiers: President Ram Nath Kovind in Republic Day speech
- India with its vibrant democracy has rightfully earned respect as a responsible and trustworthy nation: President Ram Nath Kovind in Republic Day speech
- Army, Air Force, and Navy are adequately mobilized in a well-coordinated manner to thwart any attempt to undermine our security: President Ram Nath Kovind in Republic Day speech
- India “faced” an expansionist move on its borders, but our valiant soldiers foiled it: President Ram Nath Kovind in Republic Day speech
- I urge upon countrymen to utilize this lifeline and get vaccinated as per guidelines: President Ram Nath Kovind
- The administration and health services are working with full readiness to make this exercise (vaccination) a success. I urge upon countrymen to utilize this lifeline and get vaccinated as per guidelines. Your health opens the way for your advancement: President Ram Nath Kovind
- By conducting not only free and fair but also safe elections in Bihar which has high population density and Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh with difficulties of access and other challenges, our democracy and Election Commission have accomplished remarkable feats: President Ram Nath Kovind in his addresses to the nation
- Our farmers, soldiers, and scientists deserve special appreciation and a grateful nation greets them on this auspicious occasion of the Republic Day: President Ram Nath Kovind
- Our scientists, along with doctors, administrators and people from other walks of life have made a major contribution in containing the virus and keeping the fatality rate lower in our country, compared to that in developed countries: President Ram Nath Kovind
- From cold at Siachen and Galwan valley in Ladakh with temperatures as low as -50 to -60°C to scorching heat in Jaisalmer with temperatures as high as 50°C – on land, in the skies, and at the vast coastal areas – our warriors are vigilant every moment: President Ram Nath Kovind