NIT Silchar

1. Over 50 students from NIT Silchar suffered symptoms of food poisoning, with 9 currently hospitalized.
2. The cause is suspected to be the consumption of momos from a fast food shop near the campus.
3. NIT authorities alerted the Cachar district administration, and a Food and Safety Department team is investigating, collecting food samples for analysis.

Silchar, Nov 20: At least 50 students from the National Institute of Technology (NIT), Silchar, experienced symptoms of food poisoning, with 9 currently hospitalized. The suspected cause is the consumption of momos from a nearby fast food shop outside the campus.

On November 13, the students fell ill after eating the momos, leading to hospitalizations both within the NIT campus and a private hospital in Silchar. NIT authorities promptly informed the Cachar district administration, which dispatched a team from the Food and Safety Department to investigate the incident.

Also Read: CM Pema Khandu Commemorates One-Year Anniversary of Donyi Polo Airport in Arunachal Pradesh

Preliminary reports suggest that the students had regularly consumed momos from the fast food shop. The investigating team has collected food samples from the mentioned shops in front of the NIT campus to identify potential sources of contamination.

The incident has caused concern within NIT, with several students still undergoing treatment for food poisoning. NIT Silchar Registrar KL Vaishnav emphasized the seriousness of the situation, highlighting the ongoing medical care required for affected students.