Kolkata, April 30: The West Bengal government, in an order on Friday, ordered the closure of all shopping complexes/malls, beauty parlours, cinema halls, restaurants, bars, sports complexes, gyms, spas, and swimming pools till further orders. However, home delivery of food items will be permitted.
All social and cultural gatherings have been prohibited in the state in light of the Covid-19 situation.
Only markets will be allowed to operate between 7 am and 10 am, and 3 pm and 5 pm in the state.
The following further restrictions will be in force in the state
- All shopping malls, beauty parlors, cinema halls, restaurants, bars, sports complexes, gyms, spas, swimming pools until further notice (even while home deliveries and online services shall remain permitted)
- All social/cultural/academic/entertainment-related gatherings and congregations shall remain prohibited.
- Bazaars/hats will remain open from 7-10 am & 3-5pm. (even while essentials services like medical shops, medical equipment shops, grocery, etc. will remain outside the confines of the embargo)
- All activities related to electoral counting processes and victory rallies/processions will be guided by the guidelines already issued by ECI on 27-4-21, while unnecessary congregations in the neighborhood of counting halls will also be discouraged and restricted and will have to abide by the physical distancing norms and other COVID appropriate behavior. It has to be ensured that crowding/loitering near the counting venue is averted.
- Any violation of these orders will be liable to be proceeded against as per provision of the DM act 2005 and besides legal action under IPS and other laws of the land will be applicable
West Bengal on Thursday registered its highest single-day deaths of 89 people due to Covid-19, pushing the toll to 11,248. The coronavirus tally topped the 8-lakh-mark to settle at 8,10,955 after 17,403 tested positive in the last 24 hours.