Cabinet Ministry, July 7: Ahead of the expansion-cum-reshuffle, several ministers tendered their resignations from the Cabinet, leaving several keys ministerial portfolios up for grabs.
As many as 12 ministers, including Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar and IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad, tendered their resignation as the Union Council of Ministers headed for a major shake-up.
Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank also expressed his unwillingness to continue in his post due to health reasons and will no longer be a part of the Cabinet. Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan also quit from Union Cabinet on Wednesday.
Here’s the list of Cabinet key ministerial portfolios that are now open
- Law and Justice
- Electronics and Information Technology
- Health and Family Welfare
- Science and Technology
- Earth Sciences
- Environment, Forest and Climate Change
- Information and Broadcasting
- Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises
- Social Justice and Empowerment
- Chemical and Fertiliser