New Delhi, Sept 18: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday looked back at the rich history of the old Parliament building and said the historical structure will continue to inspire the generations to come. During his speech at the Lok Sabha, Prime Minister Narendra Modi touched upon several significant points and shared his reflections on various aspects of India’s political history and his personal journey.
Here are the top 10 points made by the Prime Minister in his address:
- PM Modi began his speech by highlighting India’s successful presidency at the G20. He emphasized that the decisions made during the G20 Summit are historic and will provide a new direction to the world.
- The Prime Minister shared his remarkable personal journey, from the platform of a railway station to the hallowed halls of Parliament. He expressed gratitude to the nation for the love and respect he has received.
- PM Modi pointed out various records and achievements made in Parliament, underscoring the importance of Parliament in shaping India’s destiny.
- He spoke about the vision of “Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat” (One India, Great India) and cited numerous examples of unity and diversity from across the nation.
- The Prime Minister paid tribute to a wide range of leaders who have contributed to the nation’s growth, from President Rajendra Prasad to President Kovind, and from PMs like Nehru and Shastri to Chandrashekhar, Atal Bihari Vajpayee, and Manmohan Singh. He also remembered stalwarts like Sardar Patel, JP, Lohia, and Advani, along with parliamentary speakers from Mavlankar ji to Sumitra tai to Birla ji.
- PM Modi applauded the contributions of unsung heroes, including Shramjeevis, security personnel, journalists, and others who have played crucial roles in the functioning of Parliament.
- He recounted historic moments within Parliament, from Batukeshwer Dutt’s actions during the freedom struggle to the impactful words of leaders like Nehru ji and Atal ji.
- The Prime Minister highlighted the work of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar (Babasaheb) and Shyama Prasad Mookerji, both of whom made significant contributions to India’s political landscape.
- PM Modi shared instances of historic occasions witnessed in Parliament, including the Green Revolution and the Cash for Votes scandal.
- Finally, he recounted the role of Parliament in creating various new states within the Indian Union, underlining the significance of parliamentary proceedings in shaping the nation’s administrative divisions.
Also Read: “Historic decisions… a lot of time to cry later”: PM Modi’s Outlook on Parliament Session
Prime Minister Modi’s speech in the Lok Sabha was a reflection on India’s journey, its diversity, the role of Parliament, and the contributions of countless leaders and individuals in building the nation’s democratic fabric.