Weather Report, Dec 28: North-Eastern India may witness a cyclonic circulation on Thursday morning as it moves towards North East after Rajasthan.
Under its influence, Central, Eastern, and North-East India weather will witness isolated to fairly widespread rain with lightning from Tuesday to Thursday.
I) Wet spell over northeast India on 28th – 30th December 2021:
- A fresh Western Disturbance is forecast to affect the Western Himalayan Region from Saturday onward.
- At the same time, fairly widespread showers and thunderstorms are likely over Jharkhand and Bihar on Wednesday.
- Fairly widespread rain or snow and thunderstorms are likely over Arunachal Pradesh on Wednesday and Thursday and Sikkim on Wednesday.
- Isolated thunderstorms, lightning & hailstorm are also likely over Arunachal Pradesh, Assam & Meghalaya on 29th & 30th and over Nagaland on 30th December 2021.
II) Minimum Temperatures, Cold-Wave, Cold Day and Fog:
- Minimum temperatures are 2-5°C above normal over many parts of Northwest, Central, East, Northeast and north peninsular India.
- As for the mercury levels, the maximum temperatures are likely to trend cooler than average over north India in this period. North-Eastern India is expected to be warmer than normal in this period.
The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has issued an orange alert over East Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, East Madhya Pradesh, Vidarbha, and Chhattisgarh so individuals can “be prepared” for the thunderstorms, hail storms, and lightning.
Meanwhile, a fresh Western Disturbance is forecast to affect the Western Himalayan Region from Saturday onward.
Similarly, South India will be slightly warmer or near normal in this period. The minimum temperatures are slightly cooler or near-normal over northwest India from Tuesday. Other areas are warmer or slightly warmer in this period.